Fruit Tones Studio's primary goal is to provide a rich musical experience in a developmentally appropriate setting in each 45 minute Music Together® class.
To support our goal please keep in mind the following guidelines.
SAFETY: Safety for all class participants is a high priority so there is
- NO RUNNING allowed unless it is part of a class activity.
- INSTRUMENTS & PROPS ARE CLEANED and DISINFECTED frequently with all natural and safe cleaners. We recognize that it is completely age-appropriate for babies and toddlers to place instruments in their mouth and we encourage exploration. We ask that after a song activity you please place all mouthed instruments in the designated bin to be cleaned.
- We strive to provide a safe environment but no room is entirely child-proof. Please be aware that WALL HEATER SURFACES MAY BE HOT when in use. Make sure your child does not touch them.
PARTICIPATION: Participation is imperative to musical growth and is demonstrated in numerous ways.
- Adults- You are an excellent model regardless of your musical ability. It is most important to remember to have fun with your child and allow them to experience class in their own unique way. The most well meaning adult, worried about progress, may interfere with a child's learning process. So just relax and trust the process.
- Children- Each child processes musical information from class in their own way and in their own time. They may be moving constantly, sitting and staring, actively participating, tasting the instruments, etc. Learning is a process and it is done at each individual pace. Trust this process and you will see new musical behaviors emerging as the semester progresses.
MAKE-UP SCHEDULER: If you miss your regularly scheduled Music Together® class for any reason, you may schedule a make-up class.
- Each family is allowed two make-up classes per semester. Make up classes must be taken during the current semester and cannot be "carried over" without prior consent.
- To schedule a make-up class, please login to your account and access the online Make-Up Class Scheduler located on our website under the "Account" tab.
HEALTH: The health of all classroom participants is important so measures are taken to ensure the cleanliness of our classroom and limit exposure to germs.
- Our classroom space, instruments, and materials are sanitized after each class with a child-safe cleaning solution made with Thyme oil & Citric acid.
- Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer are available in class.
- Please refrain from attending class if there is a fever, sore throat,rash or any other signs/symptoms of illness, within 24 hrs from class time. If you or your child are sick, please stay home from class and schedule a make-up. It's always better to err on the side of caution.
CLASSROOM DISTRACTIONS: The goal of class is to create a total musical immersion experience.
- No cell phone usage (calling/texting) during class. All phones must be muted or turned off during class. If you must take a call, please step out of the classroom to use the phone.
- Save socializing for the time frame before class and after.
- Please use your discretion with food/drinks & toys brought to class and how these can best not be a distraction.
GUESTS: On occasion there are situations where families may want to bring a guest to class or an older sibling may be attending that doesn't have school for the day.
- Non-registered siblings may attend class for free.
- There is a $10 fee for all other guest, for each class attended, that will be placed in the Family Assistance Fund.
- Enrolled and paid class registrations withdrawn before a semester begins will be refunded the registration amount minus $25 administration fee.
- Enrolled and paid class registrations withdrawn after a semester begins will be refunded the registration amount minus $50 administration fee.
- In the case of inclement weather or other acts of nature, cancellation of class will be posted on our Facebook page and an email notification will be sent by 8am on the day of class.
- Notification of class cancelled due to instructor illness will be sent via email by 8am on the day of class.
- Every effort will be made to schedule a make-up class.